Friday, May 21, 2010

zucchini and goat's curd tart

adapted from Donna Hay
150g butter, melted 
8 sheets filo pastry
5 zucchini, grated
9 eggs
1 1/2 cups single cream
sea salt and cracked black pepper
200 g goat's curd or soft goat's cheese
Preheat your oven to 320* F. Brush the base of a 30cm x 40cm baking dish with melted butter. Layer with filo sheets, brushing with melted butter between each layer. Top with grated zucchini. Place the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Carefully pour over the zucchini and top with spoonfuls of goat's curd. Place on a baking tray and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool slightly before slicing. Serves 4 to 6. 

Notes:
I drained my zucchini and used only 4 sheets of puff pastry.

This is awesome the next day reheated in the oven on a baking sheet, it gets kinda crispy and takes on a whole new taste, I almost think I liked it better.

I had tons of zucchini so I made some fritters with a cucumber sauce [oh my]! 
......and zucchini pancakes [yummy]!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment